Saturday 23 June 2012

Salute 2011 Confederate Officer 28mm Perry Miniatures

Hello again, not back into painting properly yet, sort of taking a break so decided to take some more pictures of my finished models.
Here we have the Salute 2011 figure from Perry Miniatures in 28mm, a lovely sculpt but not that easy a task to paint as it is a one piece casting.
I painted this one as a Confederate General as opposed to a Union Officer, I do have another one and may paint it up as such, or not.
I am not convinced whether I chose right on making horse a dapple grey to go with the grey of uniform, it might of looked better as a black or brown horse.
The letters are wooden, bought from a hobby store and are only temporarily fixed, they may be removed, I am not sure yet.  They painted up well and quite surprised me how well they looked.
Again the pictures were taken with my phone.




Any questions or comments are most welcome.  Michael

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,

    Beautiful and masterly done. Great color choice of the horse and brilliant details on the buttons and face.

    VS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee that"s a pretty figure. Confederate subjects are great for mixing colors of clothing and gear. Definitely NOT just drab gray.

    ReplyDelete